At St Joseph’s we aim for our pupils to achieve the following through our PE Curriculum;
- To be physically active.
- To engage in activities that develop cardiovascular fitness, flexibility, strength and stamina.
- To understand the importance of being fit and healthy through maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
- To engage in competitive sporting opportunities.
- To experience and develop skills and understanding of a broad range of physical activities.
The intent of the PE curriculum adheres to the aims of the National Curriculum. In addition, we aim for our pupils to develop the following life skills;
- To develop leadership skills.
- To develop collaboration and cooperation with other students.
- To develop the ability to work with others as part of a team and to recognise the strengths of others and to celebrate these strengths.